Before you search:
Are you adequately prepared to acquire a farm or farmland? Do you have clear goals and objectives? Do you have information about your land acquisition options? Are you prepared to evaluate properties?
Explore these educational resources and services first to make the most of your search.
How does New England Farmland Finder compare with farm link programs? Farm link programs provide other services and may display additional properties. Some screen seekers or match seekers with properties. Some offer beginning or exiting farmer education. You are encouraged to work with a farm link program. New England Farmland Finder is managed by a consortium of farm link and land access programs. We designed this property clearinghouse to help you find properties, and to find and work with us.
Here is a list of New England's farm link programs:
- Connecticut Farm Link
- Maine Farm Link
- New England Land Link
- New Entry Sustainable Farming Project
- University of Vermont Extension Land Access Program
Click here for a list of resources and services organizations across New England that help farm seekers.
Check these resources now:
- "Acquiring Your Farm," a free online course
- About Leases and Leases, a four-module online tutorial
- Acquiring Land to Farm: Where Do I start? A set of worksheets
- Farm Rental Assessment Checklist, a checklist of things to consider when assessing land
- Guide to Finding, Assessing, and Securing Farmland in Massachusetts, a "plain language guide"