PROPERTY IS CURRENTLY PENDING SALE.
Haven Homeplace is an exceptional and unusual property. They simply don't make 'em like this anymore. From the fully-restored 1830 Antique Storybook Cottage—to the 4-building compound—to all the relaxation, rest, peace, privacy and many, many acres of undeveloped open space (with more parcels available that abut hundreds more acres of perpetually-protected Conservation Land).
Haven is extremely well-maintained—currently a Primary Residence for the owners and a Guest Rental when they're traveling, with substantial established income.
Owning it is a truly unique opportunity for someone who dreams of owning a rare, convenient and extremely special country property with lots of land and a tangible, healthy and positive vibe.
This property is beautifully situated at the end of a 500' paved lane maintained by the town in the hamlet of Ashburnham, The Town of Many Lakes, in Central MA near the NH border. It’s extremely accessible and convenient—yet truly a world away. It’s like stepping into yesterday, but with all of today's conveniences. Sensitively modernized with an impeccable attention to detail, history and nature.
• Restored Storybook 1830 Farm Cottage with many windows, skylights, center living room chimney, Rumford fireplace and cherry red Vermont Castings Propane Stove.
2- bedrooms/1 bath with 464± sq ft Patio/Deck and a fully-wired Spa Pad. Fully Title V-approved Septic. Another bathroom(s) may be connected to the current sepctic system.
• Renovated & Finished Post & Beam Barn/Great Room with 14' ceilings and 700± sq ft finished space on the main floor, plus another 1,200± sq ft unfinished. Also has an attached and heated 325± sq ft 4-season subterranean Greenhouse/Conservatory. Has Heat and Central AC plus a 390’ artesian well.
• 2.5-bay Saltbox Post & Beam Garage/Carriage House with upstairs Loft - circa 2002. 1,320± sq ft.
• 400± sq ft Winterized Post & Beam Bonus/Flex-use Building in an orchard - circa 2001. (Use as a fully-winterized exercise room, office, artist studio, summerhouse or poultry coop.)
One real estate professional commented after a viewing, "...We do think the property is spectacular. And it could be an ideal getaway for a family in the western suburbs of Boston. It is much easier to get to than most other getaway destinations. And the value proposition is exceptional..."
Another stated that, “…It is such an odd thing, (we) have never even been there, and live 3,000 miles away, but we both have a soft place in our heart for the Haven property and house -- the pictures alone were enough for us to be totally impressed…I hope your buyer acquires all the pieces and keeps it all together -- the size of the property and lack of development made it really special -- we know someone else will feel that way as well.”
This property is perfect as a Primary Residence, Country Getaway, Retreat or Farm. Read numerous 5-star reviews of the property as a vacation rental at TripAdvisor.com, VRBO.com or at www.HavenHomeplace.com.
Realize dreams. Enhance your quality of life. Experience a new chapter that promises to be very positive and rewarding, as it has for the present owners from New York City for over 25 years.
• Location, Accessibility & Convenience:
1830 Elijah Haven Homeplace is located between Boston and the Berkshires...but closer to Boston. Just 7 minutes off Rte 2, the limited access 4-lane highway that is very rarely traffic-clogged. 30 minutes from Devens/I-495. 40 minutes from Concord/Lexington and Worcester. 1 hour to Cambridge. 80 minutes to Providence and Hartford. And 3 hours to the George Washington Bridge in NYC!
Thanks to the strategic combinations and configurations of the property's four buildings, private town-maintained paved road and adjacent landscaping and acreage, the property can be utilized quite successfully and enjoyably for a myriad of purposes.
• Privacy/Protection from Development:
The property has optional parcels that abut 100s of acres of protected Commonwealth and Audubon Conservation Land with many miles of dirt roads, lakes, streams and trails in this lovely, yet relatively undiscovered, area of rolling hills in northern Worcester County bordering NW Middlesex. Opportunities to hike, horseback ride, cross country jog or ski, bike and experience nature immediately outside your door are limitless.
WANT MORE SPECIFICS?
The Haven building compound has over 5,500± sq feet of finished and unfinished floor area, many acres of Lawns, Gardens, Fields, Stonewalls, Brook, Stone Bridge, Orchard, Blueberry Hill and lush Forests. It is perfect for the personality attracted to the special, unique and natural. It has a spiritual vibe. There is lots of room to roam. Kids and animals love it.
The property is just down the road from prestigious Cushing Academy, as well as Wachusett Mountain Ski Area and many, many natural and man-made attractions. The professionally landscaped grounds are park-like and extensive. The stream that meanders behind the Barn/Great Room offers potential for the creation of a small pond. The owners have an engineered Pond Plan in-hand, as well as sketches for an addition off the back of the barn and septic system plans for this building.
This 37± acre Main Parcel including all buildings has 1,500'± of road frontage including 450'± on both sides of Forristall Rd (it’s the only property on the road), plus more frontage on Center Street/Rte 101.
Also available separately:
1. 21 Wooded Acres, with 1,420'± of shared boundary with hundreds of acres of conservation land (providing perpetual protection and privacy), plus a secondary access point (or ANR building lot) on Rte 101/Center Street.
2. ±20 acre Parcel of Forests & Fields with an additional ±1,200' shared boundary with privately-owned conservation land (providing perpetual protection and privacy), ±1,950' road frontage with adjacent municipal sewer and water access PLUS ensured connection to thousands of acres of conserved recreational possibilities beyond. This 20 acre parcel also connects Haven to a network of abandoned roads and trails. (A Conceptual Plan for this 20 acre± parcel indicates 4-5± ANR house lots and another 7-8± by Special Permit, thus establishing exceptional value.)
Haven is one of those special places that come around once in a lifetime. There is nothing else like it in The Heart of New England. It demands a showing and tour to truly assess and experience the full impact and scope of quality-of-life benefits.
A Property Handbook and Maps of all Land Parcels are available upon request. See sale website at www.1830Haven.com for video and more information.
John Rahaim & Scott Bingham
(978) 827-3141 (please leave a message if you receive voicemail)