18 Winding Hill Rd, Northwood, NH 03261
Total number of acres available with this property
Acres of cropland or tillable land
Acres of pasture
Acres of forested land
Other open and/or non-farmable land
Water sources present
Types of water sources present
- Drilled well
Water sources details
Above-ground black poly pipe provides water to pastures seasonally
Barns, sheds or other structures
Farm infrastructure details
30x96-ft high tunnel with 100-amp electric service from the barn (used for winter farrowing)
Farmer housing details
Equipment and machinery
Equipment and machinery details
* 6-ton grain bin with auger
* various Port-a-Hut pig shelters
* 8'x10' walk-in freezer (needs repair)
* 8'x10' walk-in cooler (CoolBot)
* polywire fencing on reels, net fence for pigs, fence posts, solar chargers
* various livestock feeders and waterers
* 1977 John Deere 60-hp 2wd utility tractor with loader
* 1970s International Cub (needs repair) with various attachments
* Adam 14-ft steel stock trailer (on-farm use only)
* miscellaneous other equipment
For sale separately to buyer/lessee
* 2020 Massey 4070 4wd cab/loader (1000 hrs)
* GMC 2500 4wd farm truck in fair condition
* Frontier aluminum 16-ft bumper pull stock trailer
Is the property enrolled in a current use or other state program that affects property taxes?
Is the property protected with any type of Conservation Easement?
Is there a forest management plan for forestland on the available property?
Is the property certified organic, or does it qualify for organic certification under federal organic regulations?
- Property for lease
Property for sale
Property for lease
$6,000 / mo (negotiable)
We have raised grassfed beef and pastured pork at this location since 2015. Operations are ongoing, and livestock inventory may be available for sale to lessee.
Short Creek will continue to operate its USDA-inspected processing plant in Kennebunk, ME and we remain committed to supporting small and medium-sized sustainable farms in New England. An ideal lease candidate would have some interest in continuing to raise pastured pork under contract for Short Creek’s meat processing business. This is not a requirement, however - we invite all interested parties to reach out.
To apply to lease the property, please send a resume and a brief description (2 pages max) of your proposed farming operation to [email protected]. Serious applicants should also be prepared to share a more detailed business plan, including 3 years of financial projections. Feel free to contact Jeff with any questions.